February 24, 2011

A Useless Pistol

A Useless Pistol
   A traveller was stopped on a dark road by a robber who pointed pistol at him.
   "Give me your money," shouted the robber.
   "I haven't got any money," said the traveller.
   "What have you got ?" asked the robber.
   "I have got a gold watch," said the traveller.
   "Give me your watch, or I fire," said the robber.
   "I'll make a bargain with you," said the traveller.
"I'll give you my gold watch in exchange for your pistol."
   "That will do," the robber said, took the traveller's watch and handed him his pistol.
   "And now," said the traveller, pointing the pistol at the robber, "give me back my watch, or I fire."
   "Fire away !" said the robber. "This old thing is out to order. It is of no use,"
   "My watch is out of order, too," said the traveller.
   "It is of no use."

Indonesian Translation
Sepucuk Pistol yang Tak Berguna
   Seorang turis dihentikan oleh seorang perampok yang menodongkan pistol kepadanya.
   "Berikanku uangmu," teriak perampok itu.
   "Saya tidak punya uang," kata turis itu.
   "Apa yang kau punya ?" tanya perampok itu.
   "Saya punya sebuah arloji emas," kata turis itu.
   "Berikanku arlojimu, atau kutembak," kata perampok itu.
   "Bagaimana jika kita tawar-menawar," kata turis itu.
"Saya akan memberikanmu arloji emasku, dan kau memberikanku pistolmu."
   "Baiklah," kata perampok itu, sambil mengambil arloji emas dan menyerahkan pistolnya ke turis itu.
   "Dan sekarang," kata turis itu, sambil menodongkan pistol ke perampok itu, "kembalikan arlojiku, atau kutembak."  
   "Tembak saja !" kata perampok itu. "Pistol tua itu sudah rusak. Itu sudah tidak berguna,"
   "Arlojiku juga sudah rusak," kata turis itu. 
   "Benda itu tidak berguna."

No comments: