April 20, 2011

A Wolf and A Lamb

A Wolf And A Lamb
   A wolf was once drinking at the head of a running stream. When he looked up, he saw a little lamb just coming to drink a little water down the stream. The wolf made up his mind to capture the lamb for dinner. 
   "But how can I find an excuse to do so?"
   Then he ran down to the lamb and called out to her,
   "How dare you make dirty the water which I have just drunk?"
   "I dare not make dirty the water, Sir," said the lamb humbly.
   "When you drank the water, I did not get near to the stream."
   "I have tasted your bad smell in the water," said the wolf. "You dare tell a lie."
   "That's impossible, Sir," said the lamb. "The water runs from you to me, not from me to you."
   "Well, then," said the wolf. "Why did you call me many bad names last year?"
   "That cannot be, Sir" said the lamb. "I was just born at the beginning of this year."
   "I don't care," shouted the wolf. "If it was not you, it was your father. That's the same."
And without another word he rushed upon the helpless lamb.

No comments: